Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Suprise

I haven't been around much lately (on blogworld), because things have been very busy.
I have been doing the ususal working and bowling and hanging out with family. I also have started a new sport that I am just dying to tell you about........


Well, before anyone has a stroke about the news I am about to share....let me tell you as I have stated many times I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!
I had an opportunity to signup for our local Women's Full-Contact Football team, the Chattanooga Locomotion. They are one of 32 teams in the NWFA(National Womens Football Association). I tried out on Saturday October 13 and yesterday(Oct 20) I was told that I was officially on the team. I can't tell you how excited I am, I am looking so forward to playing I just can't stand myself. It is going to be a process of conditioning myself from now until January when we start practicing together, so I may be blogging much from being tired. I just wanted to share with my family and friends my news.

This team is the best in the region their 2007 Season they were 8-0 although they lost the first round in playoffs to the Columbus Comets with the final score 27-8
I have posted the season results to show what a great team they are
2007 Schedule

4/21
Nashville W 36 - 7
4/28
Alabama W 52 - 0
5/5
@ East TN Rhythm W 72 - 0
5/12
Emerald Coast
W 70 - 0
5/26
@ Nashville W 54 - 0
6/2
@ Alabama W 62 - 0
6/9
@ Emerald Coast W 70 - 6
6/16
East TN Rhythm W 56 - 0

Playoffs
6/30
Columbus Comets
L 27 - 8



Feel free to leave comments(good/bad)most of all I hope everyone will support me in this step I have made.


3 comments:

Susan said...

You will always have my support in whatever you choose to do. Please be careful....from what you describe some of those gals are pretty big.

HAVE FUN.......LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FRIST GAME.

Deidre said...

Congratulations, Keeley! Wow, that is so cool. I know how much you love this sport (based on Dewey's post on your birthday :), so what a neat thing that you'll get to play. Keep me posted about the practices and such.

I love you! I'm glad you finally posted -

Janet said...

You go girl!! I just hope I get a Saturday off so I can watch you play. I am sooooo proud of you....Have Fun woman!!!