Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Speechless



I haven't had much to say lately, but I thought I would share about my night of bowling last night.

I have bowled for approximately 18 years... My Dad's family includes many avid bowlers. His dad, sisters, brother, me and my sister and my Mom used to.

Anyway, I took several years off (3 to be exact) and this year decided I would start up again, since I miss it so much, and I'm good at it too! When I was 11-12 years old I was in the Nation's Top Ten ( I have a trophy to prove it)!


I started bowling this August in an all Women's league, we meet every Tuesday to bowl with our teams. I started off a little stiff (after all, its been 3 yrs).. I have never bowled a 600 series, which is a big accomplishment for only bowling three games a week. But last night, I came pretty. close. I bowled a 204/180/155=539. I was soooo proud of myself, I smiled all the way home. I will get my 600 before too long!


I mostly enjoy this league because I get to see my sister bowl, although pregnant she bowls every week...not sure how much longer she will be able to, but she has gotten better than me at the sport of bowling.....Love you Sissy.


Sorry if this was a bore, but I do love bowling...probably not as much as my Dad does *wink*wink

1 comment:

Susan said...

BOWLING....what is bowling