Monday, August 20, 2007

Family Reunion Part 1

Uncle Howard The Oxentines

Paw Paw Herman and PK

The BEST Dad ever! MINE (Dale)


My Sissy, Brother-in-law and the baby.





Well, we arrived back in Chattanooga on Sunday night around 10:30pm and I was exhausted, to the point I had a tension/migraine headache since 11:00 am Sunday morning. I always enjoy our road trips to North Carolina to visit with family, but most our trip is spent eating or driving so needless to say I got very LITTLE sleep. Probably only ten hours all weekend, so I guess my body was telling me...Get. Some. Rest! It is hard to get rest, because I want to know all that has being going on since my last visit. This trip was to attend the Bumgarner Family Reunion, we had a BLAST! Lots of food, fellowship, and did I mention Food! I love sitting around and listening to the older generation tell stories of how they were disciplined by my Great-Grandparents and how growing was so much different that my childhood. Alot of children in this generation are SPOILED! In all we had probably four generations, It was a big crowd, and not everyone was in attendance. I learned all about where the discipline of the 'switch' came from....I thought my parents invented it, I was so very wrong! I laughed about stories where my great-aunts were 'switched' for interrupting my Granny Bum's soap operas (those were definitely in the days before the DVR folks!) the children of Granny Bum told us younger in the family only knew Granny Bum's loving side because we were her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, but she was good with the switch...from what I hear!







I also learned that the children would 'be in for it' if they spoke of her middle name which she hated immensely....I kinda like the name Viva, but she HATED it, they tell me she would even deny that she had a middle name (that's so funny). We have a wonderful time, although I did not get to take as many photos as I would have liked to...due to limited memory cards. I have posted a couple of funny ones and some serious ones..hope you enjoy!







My hilarious Aunt Doris!

2 comments:

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry said...

You go Aunt Doris!! Now where was I at during this photo session!!?!